Sunday, October 3, 2010

It starts off depressing, but don't lose hope!

I hate that even though I enjoy my job, I still spend the entire shift wishing it was home time. I still get that horrible feeling in my gut when I wake up on a work day. Does that ever go away? Will it go away once I have a career, or will it just get worse because I'll be working full time? Is it just retail that does this to me?

I'm sick again. I really really hope it doesn't get awful. At the moment it's just that achy, icky feeling with the lethargy and the headache and such. Made today's shift almost unbearable, but I made it. Sunday rate was worth it. I have tomorrow off now too, which means no work for three days. If that doesn't let me get better, nothing will. I'm so glad I have such nice bosses. Jenny told me not to even worry about swapping shifts, just don't come in. Take some medicine, haha. I still feel bad though, because I haven't been working there long and I didn't want to take any days off until I'd been there at least one month. But after working the whole weekend feeling like crap, the thought of working tomorrow nearly had me in tears. It also means I didn't have to do my assignment tonight and I can do it tomorrow. That's definitely a plus, because I don't think my brain would have functioned enough to let me do an assignment tonight. Too exhausted.

I get my big pay in tomorrow. Pretty pumped for that. I'm going to buy my parents presents for lending me money so many times over the past few months, and I'm also buying Jessica some Microsoft Points because she's dying for some and has no money. I'm buying some of those for me too, and doing a huge grocery shop. Assuming that the servings listed on the recipes are right, I'll be cooking myself 13 meals on Tuesday. I'm just going to freeze them all. I hope they're nice, because I'll have 3 each of 4 of them. The other one is only one because it's a pork chop thing and pork chops are expensive. That one is a treat for myself :) They're all low calorie meals that I found online too - less than 300 calories per serve! Which rocks, because I'm allowed up to 1500 a day, so either I'll lose heaps of weight OR I'll be able to eat chocolate. Lol. Either way. Both options seem pretty good to me!

Anyway, I'm going to curl up in bed and watch a movie, and pray that when I wake up I feel better, not worse. Fingers crossed.

2 comments: